[Mailman-Developers] mod_layout?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:48:05 -0400 (EDT)

    CS> The problem with this (as with Zope at the moment) is again
    CS> the mixing between HTML and python (or DTML) code. I would
    CS> like it more to separate them. So an XML like stuff is more
    CS> what I would like to use.

I think (although I need to play with it more to be sure) that the PTL
part of Quixote will make that bearable.

I think much more important than what technology a future Mailman uses
though, is to clearly document the API that each cgi script is
expecting.  It's the API between the form variables and the Python
scripts that's the key thing here.  Given that, and the right hooks to
drop in any HTML-generating component, you should be able to customize
Mailman's GUI any way you want.

That's the theory at least, and at this point, that's all it is!

-Barry