[Mailman-Developers] internal mail archiver/htdig integration

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:47:05 -0400 (EDT)

    NM> As Richard is less comfortable with some of the issues around
    NM> building and submitting patches I'll try and "sponsor" these
    NM> and take them through to the Sourceforge patch manager - I
    NM> also suggested he split these into indexer neutral and htdig
    NM> specific patches so I'll try to do that too.

I'm actually really glad to see this kind of sponsorship activity,
Nigel.  Such mentoring by experienced programmers and open sourcerers
is a fantastic way to teach the next generation how to contribute, and
hopefully ensures that this great open source tradition is carried on.

    RB> Following your input, I've posted two patches covering the
    RB> subject material:

    RB> 1. Enhanced tagging of the archive html, with tags defineable
    RB> from mm_cfg to make the change potentially usable with
    RB> different search engine indexers:

    RB> 2. Integration of htdig with Mailman to give per list search
    RB> etc etc:

And we see the fruits already!  Great job Richard, thanks.

-Barry