[Mailman-Developers] Adding elements to config.db

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:36:58 -0500 (EST)

    JH> So the question is: can I or should I add new elements like
    JH> username or userrole to config.db?  What are the
    JH> ramifications?

You could, sure.  I think the hardest part will be keeping the various
data structures in sync.  It shouldn't affect Mailman's operation,
except perhaps to slow it down (because there's more data to marshal
and unmarshal).

    JH> And can I define new variables in the needed programs of
    JH> Mailman?

Not sure what you're asking here.  It's easy to add attributes to the
list objects, and Mailman's infrastructure will just happily persist
them.

    JH> I must confess that I'm still using Mailman 1.1. Could I
    JH> address my problem with Mailman 2.x?

Sure, why not?

-Barry