[Mailman-Developers] Adding elements to config.db

Joe Hewitt joe@apollo.wuacc.edu
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:00:40 -0500 (CDT)

I've been moving a number of our lists to mailman in recent days and the
question about additional data to qualify subscribers has come up.

Some listowners want to know who the subscriber is and what their role is.
All are working the legal community and more sensitive about such matters
than the normal human.

So the question is: can I or should I add new elements like username or
userrole to config.db?  What are the ramifications?

And can I define new variables in the needed programs of Mailman?

I must confess that I'm still using Mailman 1.1. Could I address my
problem with Mailman 2.x?

Any insights are appreciated.

 Joe Hewitt joe@apollo.wuacc.edu