[Mailman-Developers] Security

barry@wooz.org barry@wooz.org
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:34:18 -0400 (EDT)

    JCL> As stated: compleat lock, no interrupts being serviced, no
    JCL> log entries.  Basically: utterly indistinguishable from a
    JCL> powered off machine other than by power consumption.  No KB,
    JCL> no met, no stack, no video (well, a slight grayish diffuse
    JCL> glow actually), nuttin'.

Here's another thought.  Are you running on an SMP machine?  I believe
there have been reports of older versions of Python having problems
when threads and SMPs are mixed.  Have you enabled the threading
delivery in SMTPDirect?  Turning that off, or upgrading to Python 2.0
(which I believe has fixed the problems I vaguely recall) might do the
trick.

-Barry