[Mailman-Developers] CVS daily tarball

Phil Barnett midnight@the-oasis.net
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:56:04 -0400

On 22 Oct 2000, at 20:27, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     PB> I asked on mailman-users and got no definative answer, and I
>     PB> have searched the mailman home page and everything it leads me
>     PB> to, but I can't find any place where the CVS is tarballed and
>     PB> ready to ftp.
>
>     PB> Is there such a place?
>
>     PB> Does anyone have any objection to my creating a CVS tarball on
>     PB> a daily basis and providing this service (assuming it is not
>     PB> already being done somewhere...)?
>
> Do you want to create a tarball of the working code, or the
> repository?  If the latter, here's basically the cron script I run:
>
> -------------------- snip snip --------------------
> #! /bin/sh
> cd archives
> rooturl="http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs"
> /usr/local/bin/wget $rooturl/mailman-cvsroot.tar.gz
> -------------------- snip snip --------------------

Thanks, but I really wanted to go a step farther than that if I'm going
to automate it.

So, here's the scoop...

Each Sunday morning at 2am, I completely remove my copy and
grab a fresh copy of the entire CVS repository from SourceForge.

Every morning at 3am, I get a refresh. After each refresh, I create
two files, one gzip and one bzip.

I keep both files for three days, so after we get rolling, there should
always be 6 files in the directory.

You can reach these CVS files at:

ftp://ftp.linuxceptional.com/mailman

Today, there is:

ftp://ftp.linuxceptional.com/mailman/mailman-dev-001022.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.linuxceptional.com/mailman/mailman-dev-001022.tar.bz2

You may include this location in your documentation. I'll leave it
running for the foreseeable future.

Enjoy!

--
              Phil Barnett  mailto:midnight@the-oasis.net