[Mailman-Developers] CVS

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:27:58 -0400 (EDT)

    PB> I asked on mailman-users and got no definative answer, and I
    PB> have searched the mailman home page and everything it leads me
    PB> to, but I can't find any place where the CVS is tarballed and
    PB> ready to ftp.

    PB> Is there such a place?

    PB> Does anyone have any objection to my creating a CVS tarball on
    PB> a daily basis and providing this service (assuming it is not
    PB> already being done somewhere...)?

Do you want to create a tarball of the working code, or the
repository?  If the latter, here's basically the cron script I run:

#! /bin/sh
cd archives
rooturl="http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs"
/usr/local/bin/wget $rooturl/mailman-cvsroot.tar.gz

This would be a good thing to do, both as a service to the community,
and as a backup should SF ever go away.

-Barry