[Mailman-Developers] Future of pipermail?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:42:27 -0800

At 9:41 PM -0500 11/16/00, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

>It's not near the top of my priorities at the moment, but I would like
>to work on a new archiver.  Perhaps we should start sketching some
>design issues in Barry's Mailman wiki.

Does mailman have to an an integrated archiver? Isn't this another
variant of the "integrated MTA" discussion?

I'd prefer, honestly, splitting out pipermail (or it's successor)
into a separately tracked project, and building a standard interface
that will work with it and with other archivers, like Mhonarc. That
way, a separate team can be built to work on Pipermail, and releases
of each piece don't have to be wedged into the same schedule, and you
simplify the complexity of each project to improve focus....

The vet said it was behavioral, but I prefer to think of it as genetic.
It cuts down on the liability -- Get Fuzzy