[Mailman-Developers] Re: Mailman-Users digest, Vol 1 #870 - 2 msgs

Ray Frush ray_frush@agilent.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:22:42 -0700

> I've slept on this one and I'm prepared to change things for 2.0 final
> so that if Reply-To munging is turned on, it'll override any existing
> Reply-To field in the original message.  The deciding factor for me
> was realizing how difficult it was to send private replies with
> munging turned on, so it might as well be equally difficult for every
> poster.

If Reply-to munging is enabled, I would expect that it would really
munge.  That is, if you turn on the feature, it will ALWAYS exhibit the
behaviour.  In the current version, Reply-To: munging appears broken
because it appears to work part of the time.

Count this as a vote to enable the much debated Reply-to munging that
will override any client (MUA) Reply-to settings.

--
Ray Frush               "Either you are part of the solution,
T:970.288.6223               or part of the precipitate."