[Mailman-Developers] Huge lists

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:18:10 +0100

chuqui@plaidworks.com said:
> If you VERP, so you have one piece of email per subscriber per
> message, you stop trying to outguess the MTA, since it can look at
> everything and decide a delivery strategy

Yes, but you have done this by denying the MTA the chance to optomise
delivery by packing multiple similar recipients together.   The MTAs
delivery strategy is indeed simpler.... as in we don't need no stinking
optomisation - it has the freedom to choose... from the one option you
have left it.

However we're getting to religious arguments here.  Suffice it to say
that should mailman go VERP only, I move to something else :-)

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]