[Mailman-Developers] 1.1 bug: mailman home path scattered throughout config.db

bwarsaw@python.org bwarsaw@python.org
Fri, 5 May 2000 10:45:33 -0400 (EDT)

    DM> Argh.

    DM> I just spent an hour trying to figure out why some lists that
    DM> I'd moved from a machine with /home/mailman to a machine with
    DM> /export/home/mailman would *not* archive.

    DM> It's because there were (at least) three variables in
    DM> config.db for each list that contain the base path, apparently
    DM> persistently, so changing PREFIX in Defaults.py isn't enough:

    | public_archive_file_dir
    | private_archive_file_dir
    | archive_directory

    DM> If I don't have something else misconfigured which causes
    DM> these to show up in config.db, I call this a bug.

Yes, this is bogus, and unfortunately it won't go away in 2.0.
Fortunately, bin/move_list (in the 2.0 tree) should fix your problem
efficiently.

-Barry