[Mailman-Developers] rfc822.Message

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:51:59 +0100

I've made some changes in my copy of Mailman to split the
message body from the header in admindb.py. This makes it much easier
to browse through the held messages. It works perfectly, except for
the fact that I haven't found a way yet to limit the number of lines
displayed to ADMINDB_PAGE_TEXT_LIMIT... can anybody help me with this?
the code i'm using is:

fp = open(os.path.join(mm_cfg.DATA_DIR, filename))
fullmsg = Message.Message(fp)
msg_header = string.join(fullmsg.headers, '')
msg_body = fullmsg.body
fp.close()

You can see a result of how it looks at http://rixhq.nu/mm/admindb.png
The "send copy" isn't functional yet though -- I had it working on the
previous version of Mailman, but I'm not sure yet how to implement it
with the new posting methods in MM.
Also, I've made some small changes that move the heldmsg output to
a seperate template, so I have more control on the layout of the output
and it makes to code a bit more readable :)

Ricardo.