[Mailman-Developers] lock lifetime

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:30:38 +0100

One of the changes I have to make for my server is to increase the
lock lifetime. I suspect that other people who don't have a speedy
server either, might get the same problems as me... so maybe
it should be mentioned in the install docs and/or moved to a global
variable in mm_cfg.py... Below is an excerpt of a message from Thomas
who fixed this for me.... For my server I've changed this to 300.

"...  In any case, you can easily try it out; in Mailman/MailList.py, on or around
line 282, there should be a 'lifetime = 60', inside the constructor for the
maillists' lockfile. Changing the '60' in, say, '600', should give you
better mileage, at least until your machine gets so heavily loaded that a
simple admin request takes ten full minutes to process ;) "

Ricardo.