[Mailman-Developers] Mailman password and administrative reminders

David Birnbaum davidb@chelsea.net
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:02:20 -0500 (EST)

Hmm....

It is the administrative messages that don't have this set, I believe. We
had a large list (4500 members) that was just converted from majordomo.
Our password reminders went out, and about 500 bounces came to postmaster
instead of going to the list admin.  We're having the auto-bounce feature
turn people off, but the list has only been broadcast once, so people
haven't been auto-unsubscribed yet (a more agressive unsubcribe might be
helpful for these once-a-month broadcast lists, but perhaps I don't have
it tuned right.)

The message actually sent to the list (ie, the non-administrative stuff)
seemed to work properly and bounce to the list owners.

BTW - minor bug.  Even if you turn password reminders off, the welcome
message that's created still says they are sent out.

David.

-----

** WARNING **  This message was composed by a temporarily crippled programmer
using a speech recognition system.  Please don't be alarmed if some extremely
strange word usage shows up in the message.  Many thanks....