[Mailman-Developers] Mailman password and administrative reminders

David Birnbaum davidb@chelsea.net
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:00:12 -0500 (EST)

Folks,

We just started converting from Majordomo to Mailman and we couldn't be
more pleased; thanks for the good work, dear authors. I do have a couple
of questions I did not see an answer to in the documentation anywhere, or
listed in Jitterbug, though:

1. The password reminders come out from mailman-owner@masterdomain.com
instead of list-admin@virtualdomain.com, which caused a lot of confusion
for one of our mailing lists hosted on a virtual domain. Is there any way
to change that?

2. Bounces are sent to the poor postmaster instead of a -admin address.
I'm not entirely certain, but I think an Errors-To: header or something
like that in all Mailman messages might allow one to distribute that load
somewhat.

Alas, I am only a poor, crippled, Perl hacker, or I might take a crack at
fixing these two.

In any case, thanks,

David.

-----

** WARNING **  This message was composed by a temporarily crippled programmer
using a speech recognition system.  Please don't be alarmed if some extremely
strange word usage shows up in the message.  Many thanks....