[Mailman-Developers] Huge lists

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
04 Jun 2000 22:48:03 +0200

[Nigel Metheringham]

> bwarsaw@python.org said:
> > So with the next check-in, the chunking algorithm is to create 4
> > buckets: .com, .net/.org, .edu/.us/.ca, everything-else.  Chunks in
> > these buckets are no bigger than SMTP_MAX_RCPTS and buckets are not
> > back-filled.
>
> Thats a very parochial view of the world (he says tongue firmly in
> cheek).  Us UK based people would probably find a different balance
> would work better for us :-)

I had to look up "parochial".  Having done so, I believe that Norway
based people would tend to agree :-)

For most people, I guess that doing this the merkin way is good enough
-- it keeps the .com/.net/.org addresses separated from their more
frequent CTLD addresses.

But: What was the reason for not simply doing a sort on reversed
domain?
--
Harald