[Mailman-Developers] even more on "error decoding.."

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:59:45 -0700

I went snooping. the mailman admin stuff is setting one cookie per
list. AFAIKT, the cookies are correct -- in fact, I just proved it by
deleting all but one cookie, and the error went away.

But mailman, if multiple cookies are set, isn't decoding things
properly. The bug is in "SecurityManager.py", and probably in the
function CheckCookie in that file, but I'm not good enough at Python
to decode it completely off the top of my head. But clearly, multiple
cookies confuses the code, and it seems to be here. Barry, is the
code assuming it's only going to get one cookie back at a  time? (I
know about that one, I did it myself, and it's a pain to find...)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"