[Mailman-Developers] A few requests

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 19:22:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I have a couple of requests for folks on these lists.  First, could
people try not to crosspost to both -developers and -users?  I've had
some other list members complain about excessive crossposting.  Please
remember that -users is for questions about how to use Mailman, how to
set it up for various list types, configuration questions, etc.
-developers is for bug reports, feature requests, and feedback on the
health of the beta releases.

Second, on the issue of bug reports, if you are using the beta
releases and think you have found a bug, /please/ be sure to test it
with the latest beta release (or better still, CVS snapshot).  It will
really help me and the other maintainers if you check to see whether
the bug exists in the latest release.  Also, be sure to use the Bug
Report Manager on SourceForge to lodge your bugs, otherwise there's a
chance it'll get buried in my mailbox.  If I can't easily verify your
bug on the latest CVS snapshot, I may have to mark it as out-of-date.

Finally, when submitting patches, you /must/ use the SourceForge Patch
Manager, and you /must/ submit your patches against the latest CVS
snapshot.

Thanks,
-Barry