[Mailman-Developers] ./logs/fromusenet

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 23:42:10 -0700

imagine my surprise when I went looking at the mailman logs and found
a 1.3 megabyte logfile called fromusenet...

It's an endless series of lines:

Jul 08 23:35:01 2000 (14428) begin gating
Jul 08 23:35:01 2000 (14428) end gating

barry, this really ought to be turned off unless the usenet gateway
is enabled. Mine's not turned on, so I was really surprised to see
this going... (now, the size is because i haven't turned on
log-rolling yet, but...)

I also think it needs to be made clear that mailman logs to
~mailman/logs, and that those files need to be rolled, since they
aren't in the "standard" place in /var and can be overlooked...

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"