[Mailman-Developers] Re: almost found the b3 bug?

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 20:32:03 +0200

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 12:38:56PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> This .db file had a `pipeline' key with a value of an empty Python
> list.  That explains completely why the approved message never shows
> up on the list.  What it doesn't explain is why that key/value pair is
> in the .db dictionary in the first place.

i just noticed this already happens in request.db:
(if only i knew about that handy dumpdb script earlier ;) )

    18: (   1,
            (   962475825.788,
                'ricardo@miss-janet.com',
                'test 003',
                'Post to moderated list',
                'heldmsg-mailinglist-18.txt',
                {   'listname': 'mailinglist',
                    'pipeline': [],
                    'rejection-notice': 'Your message has been deemed inappropriate by the moderator.',
                    'version': 1}))}

makes we wonder... since the step from post to held-for-approval is an internal 'post'... maybe
some variables are leaked from one step to the other...?

> Note that this is a gig heavy weekend for me, so I'm not sure when
> I'll get to this, but I will do my best.

thanks... I'm working full time on it today, so if I find the problem i'll report it immediately...
we seem to be getting a bit closer to it now...

Ricardo.