[Mailman-Developers] Ban feature, etc.

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 00:23:39 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 02:13:14PM -0600, Matthew Ratzloff wrote:
>     Are there plans for a ban feature, where you can permanently ban problem
> users?  If it already exists, I sure can't find it, and I've looked numerous
> times.  This would be very useful.

i second this... some posts just don't need to be in the
list of pending administrative requests... for example, all mail
to our list has to be approved by the moderators, but posts
from non-members will show up in this list too, and if some
"banned" person would try to post to the list, the moderator
has no idea about this. If you have set a size limit to the
posts to the list, they will show up in this list too.
Maybe these posts could be moved to a seperate list or
it should be possible to tell MM to discard these kind of
posts no matter what.

Ricardo.