[Mailman-Developers] TODO: Search engine for archives

J C Lawrence claw@cp.net
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 16:10:54 -0800

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:58:34 -0800 (PST)
Garth Corral <garthc@abode.com> wrote:

> I'm willing to take a crack at adding search functionality to the
> internal archiver if nobody else is already working on it.  I'm
> willing to lend a hand if someone is working on it.

IIRC Pipermail is orphaned code.  Its relatively minimal, the author
has abandoned it, and nothing has been done with it for years.

My own recommendation here is to NOT put search code into Pipermail
or MailMan, but instead to add functioality so that custom HTML may
be put into the various archive web pages.  That HTML could then
reference whatever search engine is installed at the local site (I
use UdmSearch, other HT:DIG etc).

--
J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder@kanga.nu