[Mailman-Developers] 1.2 admindb lock errors

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:04:58 -0500 (EST)

    RK> earlier i reported about errors I sometimes (well quite often
    RK> actually) get when approving/discarding messages through the
    RK> web interface...  since i'm still getting this error everyday
    RK> (with the latest cvs version) I'd like to help tracking down
    RK> the error...

    RK> It's not really producable; sometimes it happens, sometimes it
    RK> doesn't...  even when i only handle 10 out of 30 pending post
    RK> requests, it can still happen that mailman generates an error.

    RK> If anyone can tell me how to try to track down the error,
    RK> please let me know ...

I used to see this error a lot too, but now I don't hit it at all with
the current CVS snapshot.  Take a look at logs/error and logs/locks
and see if there's anything telltale there.  Otherwise, we'll probably
have to put more debugging in.  I'm not going to be able to help much
with this until after the Python conference.

-Barry