[Mailman-Developers] Juat an Idea - HTML

Gerrit Holl Gerrit <gerrit@nl.linux.org>
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:35:44 +0100

David Sexton wrote on 950261394:
> Hi,
>
> 	I've not been in the office much recently (hopefully back FT next week)
> but I've just had a (good?) idea.
>
> 	In a few of the MM managed mailinglists I'm in, we have quitge a
> problem with people positing in HTML. As the lists concerned are UNIX
> administrator lists (Cobalt Linux boxen to be precise), a lot of people
> are finding this unreadable.
>
> 	Would it be feasable for MM to strip out HTML tags from a message for
> the whole list (especially for when no HTML is in the list's acceptable
> use policy)?

It would be a nice feature, but it should happen *the right way*:

	* As an option, either:
		* only when the *main* content-type is text/html or
		  text/xhtml,
		* when sent with mime and containing an HTML attachement, the
		  attachement can be destroyed,
		* all with a text/html content-type is removed or destroyed.
	* And some more options:
		* notify or warn the sender,
		* log it in a special log,
		* if it happens more than x times (x is set by list admin),
		  the sender can be put of the list first and put in a
		  spam filter afterwards
	* What we should consider too: should we just remove the tags
	  or try to do some sort of "html2txt"?

regards,
Gerrit.

--