[Mailman-Developers] When will mailman 1.2 be released?

Ricardo - Miss Janet . Fanclub ricardo@miss-janet.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:39:26 +0100

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 01:14:43PM -0500, Alok Dhir wrote:
> 	1.  Ability to search for members by email address
> 	2.  Ability to store membership info in a Mysql database
> It would also be great if one could extend the schema of the subscriber
> database to include additinal fields (name, address, etc), but this is a
> much lower priority than the other two...

Actually I've been thinking of some way to integrate (My)SQL with Mailman.
It would be great if you could choose to have all the configuration stored
in any form of DB you want, instead of the python db (the name slipped me
for a moment here)... but i guess that would mean a major rewrite of
a lot of MM's fuctinality...
or maybe the user db could be separated from config.db...

does anybody have some thoughts on this too?

I know a lot of people would like to be able to have a customizable
userdatabase. We're going to use Mailman for a project soon, where we
need to define extra fields too.

Ricardo.