[Mailman-Developers] Admin overview page should list number of pending admin requests per list

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
07 Feb 2000 21:17:50 +0100

[Barry A. Warsaw]

>     BP> Here's a feature request. I administrer about 10 lists. To see
>     BP> what the pending admin requests are, I either have to look in
>     BP> my mailbox for nudges from the server, or click on the "handle
>     BP> administrative requests" link for _every_ list.  What I want
>     BP> is to be able to see this for all lists at a glance.
>
> As admin for about a dozen lists on python.org, I completely agree!

But that means that _anyone_ can see whether there are held messages
in a list -- which really is giving out more info than appropriate (at
least in some cases).

I think there should be a separate "userinfo" CGI script which, after
proper autentication, shows what lists that user is 1) member of and
2) admin for.  Putting the info you both crave for on that page would
be Good.

[ And just think how nicely it would integrate with a user
  database... OK, OK, I'll stop teasing RSN ;) ]
--
Harald