[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Can't change with admin pages

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
07 Feb 2000 15:44:03 +0100

[Sean Reifschneider]

> On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 08:59:17PM +0200, Per Starback wrote:
> >        path = urlparse(self.web_page_url)[2] # '/mailman'
>
> Is that comment supposed to mean something?

Only that the typical value of `path' after that line would be
"/mailman", but might be different if the list has a "exotic" (which
does not imply "invalid") `web_page_url'.

> Should the above code be changed to something more like:
>
> 	path = urlparse(self.web_page_url)[2] # '/mailman'
> 	if not path: path = self.web_page_url

Hmm, I think it'd probably be better to fix problems with invalid
`web_page_url's in MailList.CheckValues(), which is called every time
the list is loaded (and which already contains code to ensure that
`web_page_url' ends in a "/").
--
Harald