[Mailman-Developers] Installing on virtual server - info offered

Colin Hogben colin@pythontech.co.uk
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:25:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I wanted to run Mailman on a virtual web hosting account, namely on a
Cobalt RaQ.  I didn't find any advice in the mailing list archives,
only a couple of other people asking how.  So I disregarded the "You
will need root access on the machine hosting your Mailman
installation" in the README, had a go and (modulo a few hoops jumped
through) appear to have succeeded.

As a contribution to the community I would like to write up some notes
on what I did, and make them available.  Can you suggest where and in
what form would be the best way to do that?  Maybe a wiki or faqomatic
where others can add their own input / caveats etc?

Regards,
--
Colin Hogben