[Mailman-Developers] Users, Bounces, and Virtual Domains (was (no subject))

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:12:50 -0800

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:37:57 -0800
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote:

> At 4:57 PM -0800 12/18/00, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> Gecause groups are a logical construct and may be both larger and
>> smaller than virtual domains.

> hmm. I'm just not convinced we need it. I see where you're headed,
> but is it worth it? I dunno.

In which case:

  Its easy to do/add now, but it will be an absolute bitch later.

>> I had a tough time coming up with good examples.

> that's usually a good indication of a solution in search of a
> problem.. (giggle)

>> (it was an open posting list).

> I'm sorry, no sympathy. Open posting lists are like smelling gas
> in the house, but waiting until Monday to call a plumber so you
> don't pay weekend rates. It's a smart strategy, as long as it
> works, but it stops working at a time not of your choosing, in a
> way that's never good.

I'm hardly compaining -- my anatomical impossibility folder gree
quite a bit.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu