[Mailman-Developers] Users, Bounces, and Virtual Domains (was (no subject))

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:37:57 -0800

At 4:57 PM -0800 12/18/00, J C Lawrence wrote:

>Gecause groups are a logical construct and may be both larger and
>smaller than virtual domains.

hmm. I'm just not convinced we need it. I see where you're headed,
but is it worth it? I dunno.

>I had a tough time coming up with good examples.

that's usually a good indication of a solution in search of a
problem.. (giggle)

>(it was an open
>posting list).

I'm sorry, no sympathy. Open posting lists are like smelling gas in
the house, but waiting until Monday to call a plumber so you don't
pay weekend rates. It's a smart strategy, as long as it works, but it
stops working at a time not of your choosing, in a way that's never
good.

IMHO, the days of open lists are long, long dead, along with the
dinosaurs and Cnews.

We're visiting the relatives. Cover us.