[Mailman-Developers] about qrunner and locking

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:38:34 -0800

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000 18:16:51 -0500
Barry A Warsaw <barry@digicool.com> wrote:

> I completely agree that keeping the list database in marshals (not
> pickles, actually) is broken.  The question is what to do about
> it.

A couple questions before I continue with my architecture musings:

  -- What do you think about moving to either a queue based system
  (preferably using a generic queue manager) or a system which is
  queue-like and thus easily moved over later to a queue manager
  once a better one becomes available?

  -- What do you think about abstracting all of Mailman's data
  access needs to utility programs with well defined contracts such
  that simply replacing those tools with something of the same name
  that accesses a different data store and otherwise fulfills the
  same contract changes Mailman's data access?

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/