[Mailman-Developers] about qrunner and locking

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:03:28 +0100

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 06:16:51PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> This also comes into play when users want to change their address or
> delivery options.  Maybe the options are stored in the backend
> database, maybe they're stored only in Mailman's db.  It shouldn't
> matter, and Mailman's object system should map those into the same
> space transparently.  Same for Rosters perhaps, e.g. maybe Rosters
> coming from the intranet database aren't writable through Mailman
> because the backend database prohibits it.  That's one way to address
> the "we're not going to let employees unsubscribe from this list"
> issue.

For the record, that is one solution I could live with extremely well. If we
had that, I'd immediately build an employee-database (or adapt the
half-hearted and hardly-used one we have right now) and hook Mailman onto
it. And withdraw the 'approved unsubscription' patch. Not sure if it's going
to solve everyone's problems, but it should, mostly.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>