[Mailman-Developers] sugestion: http-digest

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:13:47 -0700

At 9:43 PM -0300 8/30/00, dojai@mail.ufv.br wrote:
>This may seem a stupid sugestion, but since almost all lists have an
>archive: I was thinking why instead of receiving the traffic from
>the list as a digest (my case) why can't there be an option (other
>than text and mime) for just receiving an email with the URLs for
>each entry of the traffic of the day.

It's be a great idea, but it requires that the web archives be fully
integrated into mailman, and they aren't. You need some way to store
stuff for web access, and you need a way to be able to refer to those
URLs from mailman when it generates the digest. Right now, none of
that logic exists -- the web archives mailman ships with are grafted
onto the side, and the two speak only though a one-way interface.

It's a lot of work, and there's really no way to fake it, unfortunately.

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"