[Mailman-Developers] sugestion: http-digest

dojai@mail.ufv.br dojai@mail.ufv.br
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:43:11 -0300

This may seem a stupid sugestion, but since almost all lists have an=
 archive: I was thinking why instead of receiving the traffic from the list=
 as a digest (my case) why can't there be an option (other than text and=
 mime) for just receiving an email with the URLs for each entry of the=
 traffic of the day.
Advantages:
1- would "send" each email on demand
2- I wouldn't receive big emails which I tend to trash instead of saving

Disavantages:
1- greater http traffic
2- if I wanted to read the email a few days latter (not anymore in my cache)=
 it would be a new request for the web page

Eduardo J. Quir=F3s B. (dojai@mail.ufv.br)

"It's easier to ask for forgiveness
 than it is to get permission."
(Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper)