[Mailman-Developers] List archives text format not mbox compatible?

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:32:52 +0200

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 02:22:09PM -0400, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:

> It appears that the text versions of the list archives that are generated by
> pipermail are not in mbox format  Namely, the "From " line is built in a way
> that isn't compatible with mbox-based MUAs.

That's so for Mailman 1.1, and for old versions of 2.0beta. It's been fixed
somewhere between 2.0b3 and 2.0b4, IIRC. At least, if we're talking about
the same thing :) Since you don't elaborate on what's actually *wrong* with
the 'From ' lines, I can't say for sure :) The problem used to be that the
date on the 'From ' line wasn't in the default 'time.ctime()' format, but
rather in the format of the date string that was contained in the message
itself.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>