[Mailman-Developers] List archives text format not mbox compatible?

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn@ebb.org
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:22:09 -0400

--JgQwtEuHJzHdouWu

It appears that the text versions of the list archives that are generated by
pipermail are not in mbox format  Namely, the "From " line is built in a way
that isn't compatible with mbox-based MUAs.

I had never noticed this before, but it seems like there is no reason not to
make them compatible with mbox.  I think the most useful thing about
offering text archives is that you can grab them and read them into an mbox
MUA.

Was the change in the "From " line format intentional, or is it a bug?  if
the former, can someone please explain the thinking behind it?

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn

--JgQwtEuHJzHdouWu

--JgQwtEuHJzHdouWu--