[Mailman-Developers] y2k problem with pipermail/python

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:23:56 -0400

Not really mailman's fault, but the archiving process dies a horribly flaming
death if some bozo is using a client that sticks "100" in as the year (because
the author never read the man page for tm...)

I've *still* got users, it seems using those.  Like one I just emailed suggesting
he get off of elm 2.4pl25.  I noticed this whan trying to redo a couple of archives,
arch was blowing up starting in january.  The mailbox dateconverstion routine
can't cope.

Ideally, since it's a known problem, a special case ought to be made mapping
dates in the second century to the 21st century :-).