[Mailman-Developers] feature reminder: no unsubscribe

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:06:14 +0200

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 11:42:19AM -0500, Christopher Kolar wrote:

> I am setting up some more course mail lists and I remembered to check on
> our testbed box for a feature that a bunch of people requested in the past:
> that a mail list have a setting that subscribers cannot remove themselves
> without admin approval.  This was sought for situations (like a class)
> where you don't want people to be able to opt out.

> I did not find this in 2b1, is it implemented?  Maybe just as something to
> drop into the config file instead of through the web?  If not, is there a
> chance that it can get into the 2.0 code?  Thanks much.

I posted a patch to the CVS tree that adds exactly that feature, a couple of
months ago. I think I'm the only one that uses it, though ;) (And the
version i posted had a couple of bugs, too.) I can extract a new patch from
my devel tree, if you are interested, but i doubt it'll be added to mailman
2.0 (no new features in betas ;)

I've been using it without much trouble, though it generates some confusion
with the subscribers, occasionally.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>