[Mailman-Developers] Customization of web interfaces

Justin Patterson justinp@head-gear.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:01:41 -0500

I've been using mailman for a while with the default web page templates.  I
decided that to provide a more consistent look with a new site that I'm
building, I would customize the templates.  I soon figured out that many of
the pages are not built from templates, but from the python scripts
themselves.

Is there any sort of project working on getting all of the information
regarding the format of the pages out of the python scripts and into the
templates?

I hacked together a little proof of concept where I modified a few of the
python scripts to produce XML which I could then munge using the Apache
XML/XSL packages into a page that matches my site.  I have no problem
writing my own CGI scripts to pull stuff out of the mailman databases and
formatting it, but it seems like it would be nice for users at large to be
able to completely customize the web interface somehow.

So, is there already someone working on this problem?

Should I continue down my current path?

Thanks,
-Justin