[Mailman-Developers] cosmetic bug in order of held messages

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:55:19 +0200

My boss found a small cosmetic bug in message holding/approving: when
approving a number of messages at the same time (ie, more than one) the
order of the messages is screwed, which means that messages will be sent to
the list and to the archive in a different order than in which it was
recieved.

Not much of a bug, i agree, but it does show itself, for instance when
people post (manual) multi-part messages, or when a discussion goes to two
lists, one moderated and one not, and people reply to one another, the
replies show up first. The problem is caused by the way pending admin
requests are stored: in a dictionary, with sequential id's as the key.
Adding a 'ids.sort()' before 'return ids' in __getmsgids() (in ListAdmin.py)
solves the problem for the most part, and keeps my boss happily playing with
his pet project ;)

Should I bother sending a patch ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>