[Mailman-Developers] User list in mysql

Dan Chen dan@auctionwatch.com
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:25:18 -0700

My company has tasked me to port our existing mailing list to mailman.  The
requirement is that the list of subscribers has to be kept in mysql.  (We
have scripts and reports that use this list).

I'm a python newbie, so please bear with me.

I've taken a look at MailList.py and understand that the subscriber list and
all other data is stored as a marshal in config.db.  And this is stored in
the methods Load and Save.

I'm proposing that when Save is called, it also makes changes to the mysql
db.  And after a Load, it queries the db.  This sounds very expensive, and
I'm wondering if developers here who know Mailman and python better would
have a better scheme.  Also if I'm missing anything in my analysis.

thanks

dan