[Mailman-Developers] Listing Lists Faster in 2.0?

Roberto Ullfig rullfig@uchicago.edu
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 11:26:19 -0500

Roberto Ullfig wrote:

> So, in 1.0rc2, displaying the list of lists for 529 lists
> requires 529**2 = 279841 system stat calls and takes over one
> and a half minutes on our Ultra-2 2x296 processor system! Is
> this because of Python, Mailman, or both? Has this been "fixed"
> in 2.0? You really should only need to make one stat call per
> list.

Whatever the answer is, we'd like to be able to generate the
lists of lists once a day; I tried running:

chroot /opt/http /opt/bin/python
/opt/pkgs/mailman/scripts/driver listinfo

but get this traceback:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
[----- Mailman Version: <undetermined> -----]
[----- Traceback ------]
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/opt/pkgs/mailman/scripts/driver", line 135, in
print_traceback
    from Mailman.mm_cfg import VERSION
ImportError: No module named Mailman.mm_cfg

<head><title>Bug in Mailman version
&lt;undetermined&gt;</title></head>

Looks like a I'm missing something fundamental here. I assume
that the output from this command would be html commands that
could be redirected to a file. Thank you!

--
Roberto Ullfig : rullfig@uchicago.edu
Systems Administrator