[Mailman-Developers] List archiving broken? Qmail?

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:43:58 -0600

In tracking down why my list archiving has not been functioning,
I've found that the .mbox files do not have a 'From ' line at
the beginning of each message.  I'm forced to wonder if this
is a problem with QMail, but normally my mbox format files
written from qmail seem to be fine...

To work around this, I've added the following lines to the
ArchiveMail() function in Archiver/Archiver.py:

       # archive to builtin html archiver
+      if not msg.unixfrom:
+         import time
+         msg.unixfrom = 'From unknown %s\n' % time.ctime(time.time())
       import traceback

This seems to cause the archives to begin functioning quite nicely.

I would submit that this should probably be there as a fail-safe.
Any ideas why the From line might not be getting preserved though?

Sean
--
 That weapon will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through
 it.  And your poetry will now be written with blood. -- _Dead_Man_