[Mailman-Developers] Missed Bounce Message

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@miss-janet.com
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:08:10 +0100

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 10:24:23AM -0600, Ted Cabeen wrote:
> Here's another missed bounce message.
> Can't SMTP server writers decide on a standard for bounces and just use it?
> Arrgh.
tell me about it... i've spend too many hours in my life trying to unsubscribe
list members who were bouncing their mail... going on a holiday is out of the
question of you are the owner of a mailinglist ;)
i don't understand why it seems that with all the standards on the internet,
nobody seems to have tried to set a standard on bouncing email (AFAIK)... every new
MTA creates his own exotic version... not mentioning the fact that some
mailers (AOL,hotmail) seem to have several different variations of bouncing
mail...
*sigh* i had to get that off my back :)

Ricardo.