[Mailman-Developers] Mailmerge?

Dan Ohnesorg dan@feld.cvut.cz
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:40:15 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     RL> Just wondered if anybody else out there has, or is, thinking
>     RL> about support for mailmerge in the mailman software?
>
> First time I've heard of mailmerge.  What is it, and what does it do?

Mailmerge is WordStar's command, it means serial mail, or personally
customized mails. Somethink like:

Dear {first-name},

Your termin for interview is on {date-time}

and then merged aganinst database with many firstnames, addresses and
meetings termins.

Generally somethink what no one listmanager on net does. And I think it is
far away from mailmans purpose.

cheers
dan

DDDDDD
DD   DD                Dan Ohnesorg, supervisor on POWER
DD  OOOO               Dan@feld.cvut.cz
DD OODDOO              Dep. of Power Engineering
DDDDDD OO              CTU FEL Prague, Bohemia
   OO  OO              work: +420 2 24352785;+420 2 24972109
    OOOO               home: +420 311 679679;+420 311 679311

Spatril jsem ji tak jak ji panbuh stvoril.
  A stal se ateistou.