[Mailman-Developers] Install clarification

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 16:52:54 +0100

Howdy,

after my hazzards with MM0.95, I'm installing MM1.0b9 from
scratch on the old Starship.
I'm trying to follow the INSTALL notes exactly.

After
          % cd $prefix
          % chgrp mailman .
          % chmod a+rx,g+s .

I went into the source dir and called ./configure .
It complained as so:
checking permissions on /home/mailman... configure: error:
***** Installation directory /home/mailman is not configured properly!
***** Permissions should be at least 0775: /home/mailman

Can it be that the chmod should better read like
"chmod a+rx,g+ws ." ?

After doing so, configure was happy.

ciao - chris

--