[Mailman-Developers] config.db

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@miss-janet.com
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:17:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On 22-Jun-99 Troy Morrison wrote:
> How interesting... I did the exact same thing.  Someone sent a 1MB message
> to the list (picture attached) and I wanted to extract the picture, shrink
> it, and then let it go through (the reduced picture was 50k, and we allow
> attachments up to 100k on the list). It would have been nice if there had
> been a "forward to:" option on the managment page that would send the
> message to me. (I know, I know, that's not generally what the listadmin
> would want to do, but I thought I'd put in my $0.02).
Very interesting indeed :) i had the same thing yesterday so i'll add $0.02 to
that.

> As it was, I copied
> config.db to another file, hacked it into my mailbox, and was able to get
> at it that way, but it was kind of annoying :).

I could find hacks for getting it out there too but that's quite a hassle and
some of my moderators are windows users and they can't do neat things like us :)

actually one weird thing with one of our moderators is that if she approves a
lot of mail on the list in the admindb interface, it often happens that some of
the fastcgi scripts on our erver crash (well, we all the the system load
tends to go sky high with the current version of mailman :( ) and at the
same time the windows PC of the moderator totally freezes up... the only
connection i think of is that the mail is being delivered to the moderator's
mailbox at the same time as Netscape Mail tries to check POP mail from there...
but it's still kinda weird to me... oh well let's just blame it on windows ;)

Ricardo.