[Mailman-Developers] config.db

Troy Morrison troy@akropolys.com
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:20:51 -0700 (PDT)

> Yesterday i was looking where mailman stores the pending-for-moderation
> messages ... it took a while before I found out... cause i'd never suspect it
> to be inside config.db ? what's the philosophy on that... it seems kinda weird
> to keep it in the configuration database...

How interesting... I did the exact same thing.  Someone sent a 1MB message
to the list (picture attached) and I wanted to extract the picture, shrink
it, and then let it go through (the reduced picture was 50k, and we allow
attachments up to 100k on the list). It would have been nice if there had
been a "forward to:" option on the managment page that would send the
message to me. (I know, I know, that's not generally what the listadmin
would want to do, but I thought I'd put in my $0.02).  As it was, I copied
config.db to another file, hacked it into my mailbox, and was able to get
at it that way, but it was kind of annoying :).

Troy