[Mailman-Developers] Mailman archive and MIME

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 15:06:35 -0500 (EST)

Just a quick note on this thread.

I'd love it if Pipermail could handle MIME, but I gather that Andrew
isn't very interested in working on Pipermail anymore.  Unfortunately
I probably do not have the time to hack on this either.  But if
someone else wants to contribute some patches, I'd be very happy to
install them.  It would be a Good Thing if the bundled archiver could
handle this.

An alternative is to make sure that Mailman can work with external
archivers like MHonArc.  This might be an easier way to go, leverages
off of someone else's maintained code, and since MHonArc is GPL'd we
could use it with no problems.  Still, I doubt we'll ever bundle such
archivers with Mailman.

Finally, yes there are places where non-quoted HTML special characters
are leaking through, and these do need to be fixed.

-Barry