[Mailman-Developers] make update

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 05:08:11 -0800

I updated a 1.0b6 install to 1.0b8. Seems to have worked fine (great
job!).

The upgrade script issued some "errors" though, which it really
shouldn't have. Specifically, here is a snapshot:

Updating mailing list:  p2c-dev
- updating old private mbox file
    looks like you have a really recent CVS installation...
    you're either one brave soul, or you already ran me
- updating old public mbox file
    looks like you have a really recent CVS installation...
    you're either one brave soul, or you already ran me

I never used a CVS snapshot. Looking at the code, I believe it doesn't
recognize the fact that this came from 1.0b6 (i.e. recent versions) and
just assumed it was a CVS version.

Anyhow: it could throw somebody off if they weren't expecting it, so I'd
recommend some kind of change -- alter the text, suppress it, etc.

thx
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/